In a competitive and demanding industry, your pub & club insurance needs careful planning to ensure it caters for every angle.

Motts Insurance brokers are experts in licensed premises insurance and together with our long standing relationships with the leading insurers we will work with you to deliver the solution that best suits your business requirements.

  • Expert advice from knowledgeable staff
  • Competitive premiums & Instalment plans
  • 24 hour claims helpline
  • Fast turnaround and instant cover available
  • All types of businesses covered
Get Quote

Taking the time to understand your pub or club, our team are there when you need them. From sourcing a pub insurance / club insurance solution that covers your activities through to making a claim, our comprehensive service crosses a wide variety of related areas and can ultimately lead to time savings, risk reduction and cost control.

Pubs & Clubs Insurance Key Covers:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Tenants Improvements
  • Stock
  • Frozen Food
  • Loss of Licence
  • Money
  • Public & Employers Liability
  • Business Interruption
Get Quote

We work with leading providers for pub insurance / club insurance

Motts Insurance are a pub insurance broker that do all the hard work sourcing your the best pub & club insurance options!

Pubs & Clubs Insurance Policy Benefits

  • Employers Liability up to £10,000,000 as standard
  • Public & Products Liability up to £5,000,000
  • Seasonal stock increase, included automatically for key seasonal times
  • Damage to outside furniture & signage
  • Outside catering and goods in transit included on request
  • £100,000 legal expenses, including full contract & Tax investigations.
Get Quote

Businesses Covered by Pubs & Clubs Insurance

  • Public Houses
  • Late night bars
  • Sports & Social Clubs
  • Private member clubs
  • Ex Serviceman’s
  • Nightclubs
  • Snooker Clubs
  • Gentleman’s clubs
Contact us

Speak directly to our team

029 20 700635
monday to friday 9am – 5pm
Contact us

Pub Insurance FAQs

Whether you run a traditional country pub with a beer garden or a city centre cocktail bar all pub and bar owners need business insurance. A pub insurance policy can protect your business from damage and theft on your premises through to expensive claims brought by employees injured at work, or clients who suffer illness from food they have eaten or a trip or fall down some steps. Being in the hospitality sector it is important that you sit down with your insurance broker and discuss how much cover you need for the contents which include all your fixtures and fittings, furniture, crockery and kitchen equipment. It’s also essential that you correctly assess how much cover will need for your stock including wines & spirits, food and freezer contents. Pub insurance also covers against the leakage of beer & beverages from pumped containers and the subsequent damage to contents, as well as a range of other insured perils specific to your licensed trade. Most pub insurance policies include public liability as standard and If you employ staff by law you are required to have employers liability. Your broker can also talk to you about additional covers such as loss of licence, business interruption and seasonal increases to ensure you have extra cover over busy holiday periods.

As a pub owner the food and drink that you serve is your responsibility. If there’s an issue in the kitchen or the bar and the food or drinks that you serve leads to illness or injury, a claim may be made against the pub. As an owner of a pub it is imperative that you are covered in the event of incident causing contamination to food and beverages especially in respect of customers with food allergies. Product liability can cover you for your legal expenses should you need to defend yourself in court. Product liability will also cover any foods or drinks you sell to your customers to consume at home. Things can happen that are out of your control such as a malfunctioning freezer or fridge which leads to food going off and subsequently affecting your customers. Product liability is there to cover the unexpected.
Business interruption insurance is an additional cover that can be added onto your public house insurance policy. Business interruption will cover you for financial loss should you have to close your pub or bar due to an insured peril such as a fire, flood, break-in or storm damage. Despite not opening for business, you will still have a number of business overheads to cover such as wages, bills, mortgage, rent, bank loans, insurance premium and rates. Loss of Income cover helps you pay the costs whilst your property is being repaired. It’s important the indemnity period in the policy is of sufficient length to allow you to return fully to the same level of trading as before the loss occurred.
The cost of a pub insurance policy will depend on a number of factors. As an insurance broker we would look to sit down with you and discuss all aspects of your business. If you own the building you trade from you will need to cover rebuilding cost of the property. Then you need to think about the pub interior, how much would it cost to replace the furniture, your kitchen equipment, the stock, the wines & spirits. Next we would need to talk to you about your turnover which effects your public liability, your wage roll which effect your employers liability and your gross profit which is used to calculate your loss of income in case of business interruption. Other factors that need to be considered would be your security, do you have cctv, an alarm or a safe? What about late night opening, do you have entertainment at your pub, what are your opening hours? There are many things to consider when taking out a pub policy. The insurance premium can be as little as a few hundred pounds for a small bar or considerably higher more for a gastro pub with rooms. It is really easy to get a pub insurance quotation and one of our experienced account handlers can talk you through everything that you need to consider and discuss all the different options available.
As a pub owner or landlord you may from time to time be asked to cater at events such as weddings, food fayres, festivals, a village fete and the like. It is important you mention this to your broker as work away from your pub will need to be added on to your policy. Most pub insurance policies can be extended to cover functions and events and you will be able to cover your equipment, public & employers liability and your stock. Please do not assume that you automatically have cover for events, it is imperative that you check with your broker first to ensure you correctly covered. Event insurance can usually be arranged quickly and is simple to set up.
We can arrange insurance cover for all types pubs and clubs. This could include a traditional country pub, a sports and social club, a late night bar, a city centre night club, a cocktail bar or a gastro pub with rooms. At Motts Insurance we have access to all the main insurance companies and can cater for the majority of hospitality venues. Whatever kind of licensed premises you run, we have the public house insurance cover you need to meet your individual needs. Our experienced commercial team have a deep understanding of the pub and bar industry, contact us now to discuss your pub or club insurance.